Digital Transformation Fair (www.dton.kr), the secretariat of the Korea Association
of Machinery Industry, has the following measures to protect users' privacy and
rights and to deal with their grievances related to personal information.
The Promotion Association will announce the personal information processing policy
through website announcements (or individual announcements).
This policy will take effect from January 1, 2021.
1. Purpose of processing personal information
The Promotion Association processes personal information for the following
purposes: Personal information processed will not be used for any purpose other
than the following, and we will seek prior consent if the purpose of use is changed
- Register and manage homepage membership
Personal information is processed for the purpose of identifying and verifying
membership, maintaining and managing membership, preventing fraud, collecting
personal information of children under 14 years of age, checking consent of legal
representatives, handling complaints, and preserving records.
- Handling civil service affairs
Personal information is processed for the purpose of verifying the identity of the
civil petitioner, verifying the civil petitioner, contacting and notifying the facts, and
notifying the results of the processing.
- Deliver goods or services
Personal information is processed for the purpose of providing services, sending
bills, providing contents, providing customized services, authentication, age
certification, payment and settlement of charges, collecting bonds, etc.
- Use in marketing and advertising
Personal information is processed for the purpose of developing new services
(products), providing customized services, providing events and advertising
opportunities, providing and advertising services based on demographic
characteristics, validating services, identifying access frequency, or statistics on
members' use of services.
2. Status of personal information files
- Membership registration and management of exhibition participating companies
1) Company information
Representative e-mail (login ID), business registration number, company name
(Hangul, English), address (Hangul), business registration certificate copy, service
usage record, access log, cookie, access IP information, payment record
Name of representative (Hangul, English), phone number, fax number, homepage,
address (English), business type, item, tax invoice email, mailing address (Korean,
English), company logo
2) Participant information
Name of person in charge (Hangul), department (Hangul), position (Hangul), phone
number, mobile phone number, email
Name of person in charge (English), department (English), position (English), fax
- Register and manage exhibition visitors (bayer) membership
- Required items: e-mail (login ID), password, name, company name, address
(Hangul), mobile phone number, company classification, business classification,
purchase decision authority, field of interest, viewing purpose, visit route, transfer status,
Service usage records, access logs, cookies, access IP information, payment records
- Optional: Country, department, position, address (English), contact information, fax, homepage
3. Processing and retention period of personal information
- The Promotion Association shall process and hold personal information within the
period of retention and use of personal information under the Act or the period of
use of personal information agreed to collect personal information from the
- The Promotion Association retains information on the website until membership
withdrawal. However, if there is no usage history for more than a year under the
Information and Communication Network Act, it is considered a human account and
stored separately. In particular, for members who have not been on the homepage
for more than a year, we notify the customer three months before the expected
4. Matters concerning the provision of personal information to third parties;
- The Promotion Association may provide personal information to third parties only in
cases falling under Articles 17 and 18 of the Personal Information Protection Act,
such as the consent of information subjects and special provisions of the Act.
5. Consignment of personal information processing
- The Promotion Association entrusts the following personal information processing
tasks for smooth personal information processing:
- Consignee (Consignee): Farming of a corporation
- Contents of the entrusted work: Management of the website
- Under Article 25 of the Personal Information Protection Act, the Promotion
Association stipulates in documents such as contracts and documents that prohibit
the processing of personal information other than the purpose of entrustment,
restrictions on re-entrustment, supervision, and compensation.
- If the details of the entrusted business or the trustee are changed, we will disclose
it through this personal information processing policy without delay.
- For smooth handling of personal information, the company entrusts personal
information processing as follows:
- Consignee: Korea Machinery Industry Promotion Association
- Trustee: CREENGIN Co., Ltd.
- Contents of entrusted work: Managing digital twin online exhibition platform
- Consignment period: at the end of the consignment contract
6. The rights and obligations of the information subject and legal representatives
and the users of the method of exercise may exercise the following rights as
personal information subjects:
- The information entity may exercise its right to access, correct, delete, and request
suspension of processing of personal information to the Promotion Association at
- The promotion of rights under paragraph (1) may be conducted in writing, e-mail,
and FAX pursuant to Article 41 (1) of the Enforcement Decree of the Personal
Information Protection Act, and the promotion association will take action without
- The exercise of rights under paragraph (1) may be conducted through an agent,
such as a legal representative of the information subject or a person delegated. In
such cases, a power of attorney in attached Form 11 of the Enforcement Rules of
the Personal Information Protection Act shall be submitted.
- The right of the information subject may be restricted pursuant to Articles 35 (5)
and 37 (2) of the Personal Information Protection Act.
- A request for correction and deletion of personal information cannot be requested if
the personal information is specified as a collection target under other statutes
- The Promotion Association verifies whether the person who made the request, such
as a request for access, a request for correction or deletion, and a request for
suspension of processing, is himself/herself or a legitimate representative.
7. Destruction of personal information
In principle, if the purpose of processing personal information is achieved, the
Promotion Association shall destroy the relevant personal information without delay.
The procedures, deadlines, and methods for destruction are as follows:
- Destruction procedure
The information entered by the user is transferred to a separate DB after the
purpose is achieved (in case of paper, separate documents) and stored for a certain
period of time or immediately destroyed in accordance with internal policies and
other related laws. At this time, personal information transferred to DB is not used
for any other purpose except under the law.
If the user's personal information is unnecessary, such as achieving the purpose of
processing personal information, abolishing the service, or terminating the project,
the user's personal information shall destroy the personal information within five
days from the date it is deemed unnecessary.
- Destruction method
Information in the form of electronic files uses technical methods that cannot play
8. Matters concerning the installation, operation, and refusal of automatic personal
information collection devices;
- To provide individual customized services, the Promotion Association uses 'cookies'
that store usage information and bring it up from time to provide personalized
- Cookies are small amounts of information that the server (http) used to run the
website sends to the user's computer browser and can also be stored on a hard
disk within the user's PC computer. A. Purpose of using cookies: It is used to
provide optimized information to users by identifying the types of visits and use,
popular search terms, security access, etc. for each service and website visited by
users. B. Installation Operation and Rejection of Cookies: Tools at the top of the •
Web browser>Internet Options>Setting Options on the Privacy menu lets you refuse
to save cookies. C. Refusing to store cookies can cause difficulties in using
9. Creating a person in charge of privacy
- The Promotion Association is responsible for personal information processing and
designates a person in charge of personal information protection as follows to
handle complaints from information subjects and to remedy damages related to
personal information processing.
▶ Person in charge of personal information protection
Name: Kim Hong-Joong
Position: Head of Management Planning Office
※ Connects to the department in charge of personal information protection.
▶ Department in charge of personal information protection
Department name: Data center
Person in charge: Deputy Kim Se-won
▶ Privacy Manager
Name of department: Exhibition and Convention Center
Manager: Team Leader Kim Dong-wan
Contact: [tel: 02-369-7806], [email@example.com], [fax: 02-369-7899]
▶ Personal Information Protection Officer
Name of department: Exhibition and Convention Center
Person in charge: Manager Jang Sang-soo
Contact: [tel: 02-369-7828], [firstname.lastname@example.org], [fax: 02-369-7899]
- The information authority may contact the personal information protection manager
and the department in charge of all personal information protection inquiries,
complaints, and damage relief caused by using the services of the Promotion
Association. The Promotion Association will respond and process inquiries from
information subjects without delay.
The personal information processing policy shall be applied from the effective date,
and if there is an addition, deletion, or correction of changes according to laws and
regulations, it will be notified seven days before the change is implemented.
11. Measures to ensure the safety of personal information
Pursuant to Article 29 of the Personal Information Protection Act, the Promotion
Association takes technical, management and physical measures necessary to ensure
safety as follows:
- Conduct regular self-audit
In order to secure stability related to personal information handling, we conduct our
own audit regularly (once a quarter).
- Minimize and train personal information handling personnel
We are implementing measures to manage personal information by designating
employees who handle personal information and limiting them to those in charge.
- Establishment and implementation of an internal management plan
Internal management plans are established and implemented for safe handling of
- Technical measures against hacking, etc.
The association installs security programs, updates and inspections periodically, and
installs systems in areas with restricted access from outside, technically and
physically monitoring and blocking personal information leakage and damage caused
by hacking or computer viruses.
- Encryption of Personal Information
The user's personal information is stored and managed by encrypting the password,
so only he or she can know it, and important data uses separate security functions
such as encrypting files and transmission data or using file lock function.
- Storage of connection records and prevention of forgery
We keep and manage records of access to the personal information processing
system for at least six months, and use security features to prevent forgery, theft,
and loss of access records
- Restrict access to personal information
We are taking necessary measures to control access to personal information
through granting, changing, and eliminating access to the database system that
processes personal information, and we control unauthorized access from outside by
using the intrusion prevention system.
- Using locks for document security
Documents containing personal information, auxiliary storage media, etc. are stored
in a safe place with locks.
- Access control for unauthorized personnel
We have a separate physical storage area for personal information and establish
and operate access control procedures.
12. How to relieve infringement of rights and interests
The information subject may contact the following institutions for damage relief and
counseling regarding personal information infringement
<The following institutions are separate from our promotion, so please contact us if
you are not satisfied with the results of our own personal information complaint and
damage relief or if you need further assistance. >
▶ Personal Information Infringement Report Center (Operated by the Korea Internet
- Business under his/her jurisdiction: Reporting personal information infringement
facts and applying for counseling
- Homepage: privacy.kisa.or.kr
- TELEPHONE: 118 (without station code)
- Address: 9 Jinheung-gil, Naju, Jeollanam-do, Korea Internet Promotion Agency
▶ Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee
- Business under his/her jurisdiction: application for personal information dispute
settlement, group dispute settlement (civil resolution)
- Homepage: www.kopico.go.kr
- Phone: 1833-6972
- Address: Sejong-daero 209, Jongno-gu, Seoul Government Complex 4F
▶ Supreme Prosecutors' Office Cyber Crime Investigation Team:
- (Without National Code) 1301, email@example.com (www.spo.go.kr)
▶ National Police Agency Cyber Security Agency
In addition, a person who is infringed on his/her rights or interests by the head of
a public institution on the request of the information subject to perusal, correction,
deletion, or suspension of processing of personal information may file an
administrative appeal as prescribed by the Administrative Appeals Act.
- (Without National Code) 182 (cyberbureau.police.go.kr)
☞ Refer to the Central Administrative Appeals Commission (www.simpan.go.kr) for
phone number guidance